Magura Storm SL Rotor
For the last 15 years Magura has been gaining experience in the development and production of disc brake rotors for the demanding off road use on mountain bikes.
Combining the wealth of experience and the latest results of Mission Performance, Magura have achieved a maximum of stopping power, control and ventilation at a minimum weight (10% weight saving compared to old model). One look is enough as the cool design says it all: the STORM will set a new benchmark when it comes to weight, performance and durability!
Magura Storm SL Rotor Features:
- Optimised rotor geometry for extreme temperature absorption without disc warping.
- Perfect friction balance between brake pad and rotor for maximum braking power in all conditions, even after extremely long and difficult descents.
- Wider brake surface prevents tipping of brake pads. This optimises brake modulation without squeaking or brake pad judder.
- Bigger surface for optimised heat dispersion through more cut outs.
- Through latest FEM-calculations optimised transitions between brake surface, spoke and fixing ring. Therefore massive weight reduction by equally high stiffness.
- Optimised production processes creating zero fault rate and therefore allowing further refinements and weight savings without sacrificing strength and durability.
- Reduced wear compared to old SL rotor.
Magura Storm SL Rotor Technical Data:
- Weight: 15% less than predecessor (From 147g/0.32lbs. (203mm) to 75g/0.16lbs. (140mm)
- Compatibility: all disc brake models except Gustav M
- Material: high performance steel
- Mounting: IS 6-hole version